Sunday, 20 October 2013

"From that thrift shop down the road"

Even though buying already used clothes is now starting to get accepted and even preferable for some people, it's quite an icky subject to talk about with the others. Yes, I know:"Why would I want to wear somebody Else's shirt,...or jumper,...or even worse, pants....!!?"
 Let me tell you why, and don't judge me just yet. Believe it or not, I was an unbeliever once as well. My mom liked going to thrift stores from time to time and every time I discovered it, I would grunge my face. And then, one day I decided to see what is it all about and I went in, all on my own. The moment i started going through the racks and seeing that, apart from some old-fashioned looking clothes( not ugly, clothes are never ugly), there were some gems and they were cheap!
 As the great Coco Chanel once said:" Fashion is transitory. Style, never." Fashion does come and go, but now, on the runways we see the same outfits as ones that people before us wore in 20's, 50's, 90's... and it shows us that it does come back! So why not explore a bit outside of the same boutiques, malls and outlet stores and maybe find the most unique treasure ever. It is definitely a challenge and I am up for it!
 Even after that, I still can't help myself and not go to regular stores to steam my eyes with beautiful, so well-served, already put together little outfits that make my heart thrill a bit, but that is exactly why I come back shopping in second-hand stores. They give me excitement and make me develop my fashion taste and skills instead of influencing me to buy pieces just because they look good with all of the other things in the shop.
Develop your style, step out of the box, and if it doesn't feel good, you can always go back. Explore it!
And it wouldn't exactly be a complete statement if I hadn't had some proofs to show you :)! So here are some of my favourite thrift finds:




                                           
                         everlasting black blazer









 off the shoulder black shirt and a kimono inspired blush, silky blouse for those romantic nights,a grey bat wing and black and cream striped loose tops  for casual school days and my  favourite bottoms:black   high-waisted jeggins and emerald green jeans 





                                  flared, high-waisted sirkle skirt with striped floral print


                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment